Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Blogger in Me

Two days ago I sent Dani a couple of Goldfrapp's video links to Dani, by email. How f* great is Alison? She asked me whether I blogged about this, I answered no, and she obviously told me that I need to incorporate the idea of blogging into my daily activities, such as listening to music. Can't work without music => can't work without blogging. Just like Edgar does, she said, he studies while blogging, he needs his blog to study, the blog needs his thesis, and so on... That was the whole idea about having a blog on the soundtrack of my phd, wasn't it? Hmmm... this stuff is complicated. I am used to using email, I grew up on email, not on blogs. It is just not natural to me. Will it be one day? (I sense some frustration here, Ana... why am I frustrated? Why do I NEED to blog?) Which brings me to an issue raised by Prof. Bill Dutton on our PHD research seminar: why do we take face to face interaction as the ideal norm when studying online interactions and sociability? I replied that it is perhaps we need to wait for the next generation of researchers, who actually do not know what the dicotomy face-to-face x online relationships is. But we grew up with telephone calls, letters, and other media devices, he said, and we still privileged face to face interaction... oh well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next generation of Internet researchers is already here!!!!, my darling

ana waksberg said...

I guess he wasn't comparing himself with us, but still... I was talking about, hmmmm, those kids who were actually BORN with the internet. We started using it (or being part of it) in our late adolescence, no? I guess this makes a difference... I grew up with face to face relationships as the norm. These kids not necessarily...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are talking of this spread meme called 'digital natives'. It is a cool name, I really like it but... when following bloggers I find that many old bloggers are highly intensive Internet-technologies users. From my point of view, they are as much 'digital natives' as the Internet age born kids (o como se diga: los chicos nacidos en la era Internet).

If we are thinking on statistics and, penetración según diferentes edades, etc. then it is possible to find clear differences in different ranges of ages (have a look to this report: http://tallblog.conted.ox.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/jisc_spire_surveyresults.pdf), but I find much more interesting the fact that the highly intensive Internet practices, that is to say, a particular way to experiment Internet and associated technologies and integrated then in your daily life, that phenomenon is extended all over different ranges of ages (rangos de edad).

Anonymous said...

A wide suitableness program tailored to an individual resolve unquestionably nave on sole or more definitive skills, and on age-[3] or health-related needs such as bone health.[4] Numberless sources[citation needed] also cite loony, sexual and emotional strength as an significant part of overall fitness. This is over presented in textbooks as a triangle made up of three points, which impersonate true, nervous, and frame of mind fitness. Incarnate fitness can also hamper or treat various persistent well-being conditions brought on by way of detrimental lifestyle or aging.[5] Working discernible can also refrain from people sleep better. To stay sturdy it is mighty to engage in navy surgeon activity.
Training

Unique to or task-oriented [url=http://www.pella.pl]fitness[/url] is a actually's ability to depict in a identified with vigour with a tolerable expertness: as pattern, sports or military service. Individual to training prepares athletes to appear as fully in their sports.

Examples are:

400 m sprint: in a sprint the athlete necessity be trained to work anaerobically from one end to the other the race.
Marathon: in this case the athlete requirement be trained to being done aerobically and their tenacity requisite be built-up to a maximum.
Divers run a risk fighters and the cops officers bear typical good physical condition testing to determine if they are skilled of the physically demanding tasks required of the job.
Members of the Collective States Army and Army Governmental Guard should be proficient to pass the Army Physical Health Check-up (APFT).