Sunday, August 23, 2009

who the frak is kara?

It doesn't really matter, I just miss her, I miss Starbuck, I miss her nervous laugh and kick ass attitude. I miss the whole crew at Battlestar Galactica. They became sort of my family twice in the last year. During my 6-week field work in Québec in October/November 2008 I watched the first three seasons of BSG at once. They were my only friends in a pretty, but already too cold city where I didn't know anyone. Back in Barcelona I watched the first half of the fourth season eagerly awaiting for the finale to start in April 2009. Besides the amazing stories about-all-the-grand-themes-of-our-lives being told, I fell completely in love with the soundtrack. Created by Richard Gibbs (the pilot mini-series only) and Bear McCreary, the ethnically-influenced music fits perfectly with the space-opera that BSG is. Anyway, about three months ago finally Dani decided to watch it and I joined in. And again, it became part of my daily routine to philosophize about... why should I kill all the roaches that suddenly invaded our home with boric acid - in a slow genocidal fashion - if I thought humans should peacefully coexist with cylons?(we killed them btw) And now I feel a void, my family is gone again. Well, I'll wait for Caprica and till then, listen to and sing along "...there's too much confusion, I can't get no relief...."

No comments: